Schwarzkopf Blonde Ultime Hair Dye - Review


I have been going to get my hair coloured at my local hairdressers for a number of years now - probably about 10 years. I always loved how it turned out but because I only ever dyed it 3 times a year my roots began to get worse and worse. One day I picked up a box dye - around Summer 2014 - to help save some money and I haven't looked back since.

Now I do know that box dyes can be confusing - there was a whole world out there that I never knew about- and at the beginning I found myself walking up and down the hair dye aisles aimlessly without knowing what to get. 

After a year of dying my hair myself I have become relatively confident and now know the shades I am looking for. Due to this I picked up the Schwarzkopf Blonde Ultime Hair Dye in 12-0 Xtra Light Natural Blonde.

My initial thoughts was that I wasn't overly found of the packaging. For some reason it felt dated and almost made me not want to pick this item up - my mum talked me into it however. Another negative was that the instructions were crammed into the leaflet in very small writing and with lots and lots of lines of things to do. It made it very difficult to see the exact instructions that were required as they change slightly depending on the colour that you have picked up.

The product itself were very easy to mix together but was quite difficult to get onto the hair. My mum helped me dye my hair this time as I can struggle seeing the back of my head and she kept having to shake the bottle with quite alot of force to dispense it onto my head. When it did come out it squirted quite sharply and if you weren't careful could go almost anywhere.

Now with all this in mind I have to say that I rather loved this product the results were amazing. My hair turned out the most beautiful shade of blonde with no brassiness to it at all. The conditioner that was supplied with the dye had the same gorgeous smell as the Ultime shampoo range and it made my hair ridiculously soft.

Despite the few negatives I would recommend this product. The colour pay off well outweighs any negatives and I believe the extra effort is worth it for beautiful hair.


What hair dyes have you tried? What would you recommend?


I may be blonde but i'm not dumb

3 comments:

  1. I also dye my hair at home, as i am brunette you cant go too wrong.. well not yet anyway haha! I use the vidal sassoon hair dye, its great, as it takes into consideration that roots a little more time, its a really good dye kit! x
    http://tashaforrest.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am always worried with blonde that it might end up some strange ginger colour. I have heard good things about the Vidal Sassoon dyes I must give it a go next time. Thank-you for your comment :) x

      Delete
  2. I am always worried with blonde that it might end up some strange ginger colour. I have heard good things about the Vidal Sassoon dyes I must give it a go next time. Thank-you for your comment :) x

    ReplyDelete