The Ultime Urban Decay Dupe!


Make-Up, Palettes, Urban Decay, Makeup Revolution, Eye Shadow, Dupes

Now if you know me, then you will know that I have a weakness for eyeshadow palettes. Especially, those by Urban Decay. I have three of their palettes and I totally adore each and every one. This being said however, I do find it hard to justify paying the hefty price tag that comes with these palettes sometimes. This is when I go out on a quest to my local Boots or Superdrug to try and find some cheaper alternatives.

Now I have written about both the Urban Decay Smoky Palette and the Make-Up Revolution Iconic Smoky Palette in separate posts which you can read about by clicking the appropriate links. If and when you read these posts you will notice that I clearly love both, more than most of my other palettes.

I really don't know how it has taken me so long to realise but the other day I took out my Make-Up Revolution palette and it hit me, 'this is a dupe for the Urban Decay Smoky palette'. It was really very strange, I knew straight away that this would be something I would write about in a post, as I find it very shocking just how similar the shades are.


Make-Up, Palettes, Urban Decay, Makeup Revolution, Eye Shadow, Dupes

You can see very clearly that the shades in each pan are practically identical - I am aware that a few of the shades are different, the first one for example is more pink in the Make-Up Revolution palette but i'm okay with that. The consistency of both of the palettes to me are very similar. They both blend extremely well and feel very buttery on the eyelids.

My only downfall is that there is slightly more kickback with the Make-Up Revolution palette than the Urban Decay palette. As long as you tap of your brush when you use these shades then you shouldn't have any fall out under yours eyes.

For me I can create almost identical looks from each palette. I know it seems like such a waste to have both of these, but I find that I can use my Make-Up revolution one everyday and keep the Urban Decay palette for more special occasions, or nights out.

I love both of these palettes equally and I can't actually believe how similar they are. I find that I can wear either palette and be equally as happy with how my eyes have turned out. I don't have a problem with either one. They both help me achieve my daily looks and I am very happy to own both in my collection.

Have you got any dupes to tell me about?


Keeping this a secret would never do!

No comments:

Post a Comment