The Dog Friendly Habits I've Developed


Dog, Habits, Personal, Pet Owner, Pets, Animals


Owning a dog means many different things to many different people. For some people their pet is simply that, a pet. For me on the other hand, my dog is my baby. She is like my child and I treat her with all the love and kindness I can manage. I know that for some people the way I interact with my dog can be ridiculous but it suits us and our lifestyle and to be very honest with you all, I wouldn't change it for the world.

Over the past 21 months that I have had Molly - that sounds so much better than saying a year and nine months I think, don't you? - we have developed some strange habits together. Now I think about it, these habits don't just apply to my Molly, they apply to all the dogs in our house, all four in total. I will probably throw in random pictures of other dogs but they are my parents too and mean just as much to me as my Molly. I know these posts aren't interesting to you all and I will forgive you for not reading it but for those of you who are left, I hope you enjoy!

Dog, Habits, Personal, Pet Owner, Pets, Animals

1. Sharing My Bed
For some people, there couldn't be anything worse than sharing their bed with a dog but for me it's completely normal. I have a double bed, of which I take one side and Molly has the other - pillows and all. She sleeps under the covers and enjoys every second. Before I rescued her she was kept in a freezing cold environment, which has led to her loving heat, the more of it she can get the better. She is currently snuggled under my duvet and a a blanket with her head on a pillow, her paw outstretched so it's touching my arm at all times and snoring her head off. 

2. Saving My Brussel Sprouts
Okay so I know this sounds totally bizarre and I have to agree that even writing it sounds weird but I do in fact do this. When I am finishing my Sunday dinner I always leave a couple of sprouts - they are my favourite vegetable - to the side of my plate for Molly. She loves all vegetables but she particuarly likes her sprouts - just like her Mummy!

3. Feeding Her From My Fork
I can hear you all screaming at me through your screens thinking I have totally lost my mind and to be honest there are sometimes that I would agree with you. I just can't help myself. When I have a small piece of meat or a vegetable that I want to give to Molly, I would tend to give it to her from my fork. She is very clever at managing to take the food from the fork without ever actually touching it. She's a little miracle baby.

4. Sensing When They Need Out
What I mean by this is that I can be fast asleep and any of the dogs can just be sitting staring at me. For some reason this wakes me up. It works without fail every single time. In my sleep I can just sense that they need me to let them out. I don't even have to be asleep, our big girl who can be seen in the picture above always lets us know when she needs out by coming over and literally asking, she cries and nudges us. There is one rule to this however, we have to be sitting in one particular seat of our sofa, she genuinely won't ask anybody else but the people who sit in that seat. My mum never does as she has her own seat and Missy never asks her to let her out... EVER!

5. Giving Up My Seat For Them
I am developing this awful habit of giving up my seat for my dog. I know I am sounding more and more like a mad woman with every letter I type but I have to say it's true. Molly will sit and stare at me with big brown eyes if she can't get up on the sofa and I will contort myself into awkward shapes, so that she can squeeze in beside me. If that fails I will happily perch on the arm of the sofa or even sit on the floor. Sometimes i'm not quite as dramatic and let her sit on my knee as she is small enough to do this but I have been known to do what I previously described.

I think now that I have suitably made myself out to be a crazy woman, this is the perfect time to wrap this post up.

Have you got any habits with your pets? 

It's okay to be a crazy dog lady... isn't it?


No comments:

Post a Comment