L'Oreal Pure Clay Detox Mask

Clay, Charcoal, Mask, Detox, LOreal

It seems that the power of clay seems to be taking over the new products being released from L'Oreal at the moment. I have already tried their clay hair care range, which I totally fell in love with so it would make sense that the same would happen with their clay skincare range, right?

If you have seen my posts before you know that I am no stranger to a charcoal masks. I like to try new ones to see if I come across any that really blow my mind. I thought I had found that with the Sanctuary one but little did I know what was waiting for me with this clay detox mask. 

I picked this gem up in my local Boots as it was on offer for £5 and lets be honest you cannot beat an offer like that. I was very excited to try this range as it claims to combine three pure clays with charcoal to draw out impurities. I am always looking for something that can clean up my skin and keep it looking fresh.

The packaging for this product is beautiful. It comes in a simple glass jar with a green lid that has a reflective metallic finish. It just looks so gorgeous sitting on any bathroom shelf - is it weird that just looking at this product makes me happy?

Lets get down to the reason you are all here - what is the actual product like? Well when you open it up the first thing to notice is that it has such a gorgeous scent. It's not overpowering at all - well not to me at least. I find it very hard to define exactly what the scent is but I can tell you that it's very enjoyable to have around your face.

The product itself is very light in texture, it's thick but not as thick as you would expect it to be looking at it in the jar. When you put it on your face it spreads around very easily and I can tell you that very little product is required to cover all of your skin. 

I tend to leave it on for about five minutes but they recommend between five and ten so it's a personal choice and up to you. Only you know how you feel your skin feels with it on. I can have fairly sensitive skin, this product has never made it break out but I don't like to push it too far so five minutes is the perfect timing for me.

The mask dries in patches over the skin and depending on how thick the layer is it will dry pretty quickly. I then rinse this off my skin with a nice soft face cloth and some warm water. It comes off very easily, which I didn't expect at all. Some charcoal masks can be such a nightmare to get off and I find myself standing at the sink trying to get it off for ages. This is not the case with this one it comes off with ease which I love.

My absolute favourtite things about this mask is that it leaves my skin feeling super soft - like it's incredible, I had my mum feel my face just to prove that I wasn't going mad. My skin feels so healthy and clean when I have finished using this mask, which is something I don't always get from other masks. You can use it up to three times a week but again this is all down to preference. I use it between 1 & 2 times at the moment, depending on what time I have in the mornings. The more you use it the more I think your skin would love you though,

Overall I have nothing but good things to say about this product. It really is amazing, the three clays in the product just do what they are meant to do. My skin feels like it has gone through a very rigorous facial when in reality it has just gone through a five minute mask. It looks plump and healthy. I really am in love with this mask.

Have you tried this mask? Or any others from the range?

Clay - it's my new favourite thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment