Collection Naturally Matt Foundation - My Thoughts


Make-Up, Foundation, Collection, Naturally, Matt

I have gone back and forth with writing this review, as it's not going to be a glowing report. Sometimes I feel bad that I can't say good things about every product I try, but lets be honest - we don't all like everything that we try.

I was very excited when I picked this foundation up as to me it sounded brilliant and everything I look for in a foundation. I like foundations that have a matt finish, as i'm sure you have picked up through my previous make-up offerings.

As far as the packaging goes, I really like it. The squeezy tube makes it easy to get the exact amount of product that you want out. It is also very stylish being black with the artistic swirl of foundation round the tube. I think that this ticks all of my packaging goals for a foundation.

I picked up the colour 1 - Porcelain. This is a nice colour on my skin and doesn't make it look too orange or dark. It seems to be a nice match which is great, as it can be hard to find a nice colour match with a foundation sometimes. 

Now, where are all the negatives I hear you ask - lets get stuck in. Coverage? What a great question that is. For me no matter what I apply this foundation with, be it a sponge, brush, fingers, it just doesn't cover anything! I tried building it up and found that the foundation looked extremely uneven and patchy. You could see smear marks all through it, even when I had blended it in with a beauty blender.

I tried applying this with and without a primer and found that the same results came out for both. No matter which way I tried I just found that this foundation doesn't even come close to how beautiful the finish of the Lasting Perfection foundation is. According to the bottle this foundation is enriched with minerals for a very natural finish. Now maybe this was why I got the result that I did, I am not one who usually goes for mineral foundations but I thought that I would give this a go regardless.

Overall I think it's safe to say that i'm just not impressed. I feel that it's a good thing I got this in a deal as on it's own for me, it's simply a waste of money. There are many other foundations that I have tried and fallen in love with almost immediately - sadly this just isn't one of them.


Have you tried this foundation? What did you think?


We all can't like everything! 

No comments:

Post a Comment