Am I Sticking To My Beauty Goals?


Beauty, Goals, Make-up, Life, Personal,

It's not often I make goals in the new year for myself, as i'm not that kind of person. I tend to like to make continuous goals throughout the year, but this year was different. I set myself some beauty goals for the year and I thought as we are now eight months in -that alone is scary in itself if i'm being honest- I would take a look and see if I have stuck to them, or not as the case may be.

1. Wash My Make-up Brushes More
I started off with such great intentions and was washing my brushes every two or three weeks which is good for me but as the months have gone on I have not been sticking to this goal at all. I keep telling myself that I need to be proactive and wash them more but I tend to spot clean, rather than deep cleanse. Not good I know, not a good start at all is it?

2. Keep Up With A Proper Skincare Routine
Now this is something I can actually say I have been sticking to and it's really paying off. I use makes, cleansers, facial washes, serums and moisturisers every day. Now this is a routine that I tend to do in the morning, i'm not so good with an evening skincare routine but it's always good to start somewhere, right?

3. Have a Make-Up Clear Out
Even though I still have far too much make-up -which isn't a bad thing right? I still have managed to clear a good few things out this year which I am really proud of myself for. I have stopped holding on to the things that are too old, done or I simply don't like.

4. Take A Break From Wearing Gel Nail Polish
Okay, I admit it, I have failed with this one dramatically! Every time I take the current gel polish off I just seem to put a new coat straight back on - it's a problem. I try to take care of my nails the best I can but regular polish is just a no go area for me. I really cannot stand the stuff anymore. It doesn't last long enough - I think for me gel polish will always have my heart.

5. Remove Fake Tan Properly
I have been trying my best to scrub all of my tan off when I want to put new tan on but I find it so tedious as some tans just do not want to come off! They can be so persistent and I really don't know why. I exfoliate as I should and use the right products but I always end up looking somewhat patchy. This is a goal I will have to keep trying with!

6. Take My Make-Up Off At Night 
Motivation for this particular goal comes in fits and bursts. I have been keeping up with this more recently as I purchased some lovely white and black bed sheets. With the colour being predominately white I don't want to cover it with my make-up. I have been getting into taking off my make-up at night and it's making me want to start a proper evening skincare routine. This might be a while coming though as I need to make this something that happens consistently before I bring in other elements.

7. Experiment With Eyeshadow Looks
I find it so hard to experiment, I really do. It's just not something I enjoy, which isn't always a good thing I have to say. I have been trying to use different shades within my usual style such as smoking out a deep purple in the crease or putting a deep blue-steel colour under my bottom lashes. I am trying my best but it's still a work in progress!


Well there we have it, a little update on my beauty goals for the year. Some of them are not going as well as others but I am proud that I have managed to get myself into a routine for some things. For me little steps are better than none at all!

Did you make any beauty goals this year? Have you been sticking to them?


It's all about goals sometimes


No comments:

Post a Comment