Urban Decay Naked Ultimate Basics Palette


Make-Up, Review, Product, Palette, Eyeshadow, Urban Decay

I have decided that Friday's are now going to be the day where I review the products that I have been loving recently and I just had to kick it all off with the one palette that I cannot stop myself from using almost every single day!

When I heard that Urban Decay were bringing out an all matte palette I became giddy with excitement. If there's something I love, it's a matte eyeshadow look - for me it really is more glamorous.

Opening this at Christmas was probably one of the most exciting things I have experienced in a long time - maybe even since I got Molly. The main reason is that I know how hard it was to get this around the festive period last year, as it was just so popular.

The first thing I have to talk about is the packaging! Look how beautiful it is, it really does catch the eye with its beauty. It's also beautifully compact, in such a way that I know if I was travelling anywhere, I could throw it in my carry on and not worry that it would be weighing me down. I also know that I would be covered for every eye look I could possibly need.

Make-Up, Review, Product, Palette, Eyeshadow, Urban Decay

Looking inside you can clearly see that there is a very large mirror, which can be very handy if you happen to be in a situation where you don't have access to a mirror or are getting ready for a night out with your girlfriends. With this palette you don't have to share a mirror with your friends at all - score!

As with all Urban Decay palettes this too also comes with a brush, except this is one that I would be calling 'dinky'. It may be small but I can tell you that its size by no way diminishes its ability to do its job. The dense short side of the brush is perfect for getting that smoky eyeshadow under your bottom lashes - no other brush I have does this just as well!

Now, onto the exciting part - the shades themselves! Packed inside you have 12 gorgeous shades that are as impressive in quality as they are in colour! As you would expect from past Urban Decay palettes each shade is as beautiful on the eye as in the pan.

The one thing that I love is that there is almost no fallout, even from the darkest of shades. This means that I can do my foundation and concealer before my eyes and I don't have to worry that I am going to have spots of brown/black all over my face. Also, as you would expect, there is next to no kick back in the pan. There is a small amount depending on how heavy handed you are being with your brush - which I have to admit is a downfall of mine.

All in all I really could not be more in love with this palette if I tried. It's simply everything I wanted it to be and more. Every shade that I try I love, even the one's like the lilac tones which I never thought I would wear, I have found myself wearing everyday.

I could not recommend this palette more. Now I know it's not cheap, as with many Urban Decay products but I have to say if you only every buy one palette, please let it be this one - it really is the only one you will ever need!

The one palette that covers every need!

No comments:

Post a Comment