My Current Morning Skincare Routine


Skincare, Morning, Routine, Products, Estee Lauder, Serum, Exfoliation, Boots, Moisturiser, Cleanser

Ah skincare, it really is the one thing that I have such a strange relationship with. Sometimes I get really in to it all and just can't wait to do it everyday. On the other hand, there are times when the last thing on this earth, I want to do is a skincare routine.

This being said, I have been making extra effort this year - so far that is - to keep up with some sort of  routine in the morning. This isn't always the easiest thing as in the winter months I get up in the dark and i'm standing bleary eyed over the sink at 6:45 am hoping that I don't fall asleep on my feet.

This Christmas I was lucky enough to receive the No7 Beautiful Skin Cleansing Brush from my parents. Using this every morning has injected an element of fun that is making me want to get up out of my bed and actually wash my face - amazing I know.

I have to say this cleansing brush is amazing. I have always wanted to try one since I saw the hype over the Clarisonic but I didn't want to fork out the money, in case it didn't live up to my expectations. This version is substantially cheaper and everything I need it to be.

It has two speeds, one for a gentle cleanse and the second for a deeper one. I tend to stick to the first setting but if I am having a really bad skin day, or moment then I will use the second setting to get a deeper clean on areas such as my forehead. The bristles of this cleansing brush as lovely and soft, which means that they don't irritate the more sensitive areas of my face, such as my cheeks.

Skincare, Morning, Routine, Products, Estee Lauder, Serum, Exfoliation, Boots, Moisturiser, Cleanser

With regards to cleansers, I go between a few each day but the two most common ones I tend to keep coming back to are the No7 Total Renewal Micro-dermabrasion Face Exfoliator and the Estee Lauder Advanced Night Micro Cleansing Foam

No7 Total Renewal Micro-dermabrasion Face Exfoliator
I have heard quite a lot about this product and I have to say it's all true. The fine micro-crystals in this product sweep away any dead cells and after as few as four treatments stimulates the skins cell renewal. It is only recommend that you use this twice a week, as it can be quite rough on the skin if you overuse it. Used correctly, it leaves the skin feeling silky smooth and like new.

Estee Lauder Advanced Night Micro Cleansing Foam
When i'm not using my face exfoliator I always go back to this cleansing foam. I know that it's a part of the night collection from Estee Lauder but I like to use it in the morning to ensure that I am getting all the remnants of last nights make-up off completely. For a more in depth review see here.


Skincare, Morning, Routine, Products, Estee Lauder, Serum, Exfoliation, Boots, Moisturiser, Cleanser

Once I have finished cleansing and drying off my face with my fluffy towel I like to put on a serum. Again I like to go between a couple - sticking to one would be really boring wouldn't it.

Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair
Again I know this is meant to be a night product but the lady at the Estee Lauder counter when I bought this told me it was much more versatile than a simple night time serum - she was very right. I like to pat it into the skin and let it sink it. When using this product, my skin definitely feels softer, more supple and it just looks better. Want to read more? Click here.


Skincare, Morning, Routine, Products, Estee Lauder, Serum, Exfoliation, Boots, Moisturiser, Cleanser

When i'm not using my Estee Lauder serum it is safe to say I will be using my Boots Time Delay Anti-Ageing Youth Maintain Luminosity Serum.

Boots Time Delay Anti-Ageing Youth Maintain Luminosity Serum
Unlike the Estee Lauder serum this is a cream. It's a very luxurious feeling cream and I have to say that a little goes a long way. It soaks into the skin beautifully and leaves my skin feeling very supple and smooth. One of the things that I love most about this product is the smell, it really is delicious. Read my initial review here.

Skincare, Morning, Routine, Products, Estee Lauder, Serum, Exfoliation, Boots, Moisturiser, Cleanser
The very last step in my skincare is moisturiser. Again I tend to have a choice where this step is concerned. As you can see I am currently loving either products from Boots or Estee Lauder and not much has changed at the moisturiser stage.

Estee Lauder Revitilizing Supreme +
The packaging of this cream states that it can be used either AM or PM. I have chosen to solely keep it for use in the AM and I am glad that I have. Although it appears to be very thick and almost gel like in the tub it certainly doesn't feel that way on the face. It cushions the skin and leaves it feeling ready for the day ahead. My problems areas seem to vanish and any dry patches drink in all the goodness from this cream. Want a bigger review?


Boots Time Delay Anti-Ageing Youth Maintain Day Moisturiser - SPF 15
This is definitely one of the best facial moisturisers that I have tried. It's not too heavy in consistency and absorbs into the skin with ease. You don't have to be rubbing at the skin or waiting for any period of time for your face to be ready for make-up. I feel that this adds a supple and youthful look to my skin - even if i've been up all night. Want to see my initial thoughts?
Skincare, Morning, Routine, Products, Estee Lauder, Serum, Exfoliation, Boots, Moisturiser, Cleanser
This is about all I can manage of a morning but for me to be able to stick to any kind of routine really is a bonus. I am really happy with the products that I have been using and I am glad that they are all part of my collection. I know there are lots more in depth routines or even those with higher end products, however, these suit my skin and my purse and to be honest it's the results that matter.

What morning skincare are you using?
Have you used any of these products?


Sometimes it's just too early!


No comments:

Post a Comment