Urban Decay - Comfort Matte Vice Lipstick


Urban Decay, Make-Up, Lipstick, Vice, Comfort Matte, Review

Last Friday I popped up a little review of the Urban Decay Ultimate Basics Palette which I very kindly got for Christmas. This week I am going to review the Urban Decay lipstick that I also got for Christmas. I know two reviews of the same brand in two weeks seems like over kill - case and point my Estee Lauder obsession - but I have to let you all know when I fall in love with a product!

So lets start with the basics, the lipstick that I have is called Bad Blood and is from the Vice range. The finish of this lipstick is that, it is a comfort matte. I am quite a fan of matte lipsticks as I hate anything that is too shiny or slippy on my lips. I do have to say though I can sometimes hate how dry and flaky matte lipsticks make my lips feel.

This lipstick however, really does live up to its name - it truly is a comfortable matte lipstick. I always forget that i'm even wearing it - that is however, until I wipe my hand over my mouth and end up with stains of red lipsticks everywhere, not pretty!


Urban Decay, Make-Up, Lipstick, Vice, Comfort Matte, Review

The colour of this product is gorgeous, it's the kind of red that has blue undertones but still manages to be the kind of deep sultry red that ties together any look. I tend to pair this lipstick with either a simple smoky eye or on the other hand I use it to vamp up a really dark and well blended out smoky eye.

Urban Decay, Make-Up, Lipstick, Vice, Comfort Matte, Review

My favourite thing about this lipstick is the staying power. Even though I love wearing dark lips and have written about my favourite red shades in the past I do tend to get really agitated when they fade away and leave my lips looking all blotchy in strange patches of red.

This doesn't happen with this lipstick, even in this colour. I have gone out and had steak dinners, worn it to work, through all my tea breaks and lunches, this lipstick just wears so beautifully. It doesn't disappear in patches, it settles beautifully into the lips and wears very evenly over time.

The last thing I have to say about this product is the packaging. I mean just look at it, there really isn't much to say other than it truly is beautiful! The engraving of Urban Decay is so subtle on the lid. It feels sturdy in the hand and what you would expect for a £15 lipstick. I love how the bottom part which winds up the bullet is a different colour to the rest of the tube, it gives it just a little bit of extra style and class.

This lipstick has made its way into my favourites and I think it's safe to say that it will be staying there for quite a while.

Have you tried any of the Urban Decay Vice lipsticks?

Sometimes matte is what's best!

No comments:

Post a Comment