#TanningThursday - Mousse or Lotion?


Fake Tan, Cocoa Brown, St Moriz, Mousse, Lotion, Self Tanner, Beauty

I know it may not be everybody's cup of tea but self tanning is something that has become quite a big part of my life and it's because of this that I thought it would be a good idea to start a new series called #TanningThursday.

Choosing the kind of tan to use can be one of the most overwhelming decisions to make. Standing in the store looking at all the products that are on offer can make your eyes go all blurry and the sweat break on your brow. I know as when I first began tanning - all those years ago - this is the kind of thing that happened to me all the time.

Eventually I was able to narrow the kind of tans I liked down to two types, mousse and lotion. I like each of these types for different reasons, I tend to stick to two brands with my tanners these days and these are Cocoa Brown and St Moriz.

St Moriz - Tanning Lotion
This is my favourite tanning lotion at the moment. I have started to buy it in dark rather than medium as it saves me having to apply multiple layers at a time to get a darker colour. I find with this lotion that not only does it apply very evenly and with no streaks but it leaves my skin feeling extremely moisturised and nourished. The smell of this tan is quite strong and biscuity so it's not for those who don't like the scent of tan as this will linger until you rinse off the excess. I find the best way to develop this tan is overnight, so I slather myself in the brown goodness and head to bed, hoping I haven't missed any bits.


Cocoa Brown - 1 Hour Tan Mousse
If I am in a particular rush or don't want to spend all night lying in bed smelling of biscuits then this is the fake tan I tend to reach for. My favourite thing about this tan is the smell. The creator Marissa Carter developed it to have a signature scent of Tahitian Gardenia Floral. This smell really is beautiful and nothing like the traditional biscuit scent of fake tan. It takes an hour to develop to full colour and then continues to get darker for the next five days. It never however, looks too dark or orange for that matter. The mousse formula glides over the skin and allows you to rub it in evenly so that your tan always ends up streak free and very natural.


These are my favourite two formulas of the moment and the first post in my #TanningThursday series.

Do you have any particular tans that you like to use? What do you think of my new series?


Thursday's are meant for tanning

No comments:

Post a Comment