Urban Decay Naked Smoky Palette - First Impressions


Urban Decay, Naked, Smoky, Palette, Make-Up, Eyeshadow

When Urban Decay released their Naked Smoky Palette last year, I immediately wanted it. For me it was the perfect palette. All the eye looks that I tend to do have always been on the smokier side, with my love for a shimmery inner corner growing in the past six months. I'm the kind of person who wont rush out and buy something that is hyped up by the beauty world straight away - no matter how much I want it. It has taken me quite a while to decide to purchase this palette, but I finally did it!

The first thing I have to say is how utterly breath taking this palette really is. It's so different in feel to the other Naked Palettes. I already own the Naked 2 palette and this feels like it has come from a different place altogether. The brown/copper type tin packaging that the 2 and 3 palettes has is gone and this one is made from clear plastic and aluminium type of materials. The whole palette has been designed with a smoke effect - to emulate the name obviously - but it truly is spectacular. The effect is stunning, the palette looks like it should cost a lot more than the £38.50 that I paid for it.

Urban Decay, Naked, Smoky, Palette, Make-Up, Eyeshadow

When you open up this palette the first thing that you notice - apart from how utterly beautiful it is - is that it comes with a pretty big mirror. All the other Naked palettes come with mirrors too but for some reason this mirror feels like it is the biggest. It also helps the palette look very neat and sleak with the packaging that it comes in. 

As with the other larger palettes it comes with a double ended brush. This particular brush is rounded at both ends. The larger end of the brush is perfect for blending out those smoky colours through the crease. I like to use the smaller, more dense end of the brush to apply eye shadow underneath my bottom lashes. This brush is very soft and works the colour through the socket very delicately. 

Urban Decay, Naked, Smoky, Palette, Make-Up, Eyeshadow

The next thing to notice is that this palette has twelve shadows over all. Four are completely matte and the other eight are shimmer shadows. Some are more densely packed with glitter than others but they are all truly stunning. The range of colours goes from silvers, purples, blues and blacks to the brown shades and then lastly the pale neutral colours, which are perfect for the brown bone or even as a crease shade.

Urban Decay, Naked, Smoky, Palette, Make-Up, Eyeshadow

The quality of these eye shadows is of a very high standard - a standard that we have come to expect from the likes of Urban Decay. They are creamy and pigmented like you wouldn't believe. Every one that I have used has had a brilliant pay off on the eyelids. The only eye shadow that didn't impress me as much was the colour 'Smoulder'. In the pan it has a beautiful deep purple look to it but on the eye it appears less purple and more black. This doesn't bother me as such, as I really like using black eye shadows but I have to say that I would rather it was more purple as the shade in the pan looks like it would make the most stunning smoky colour in the outer corner.

When all is said and done I have to say that I am in complete and utter love with this palette. The number of looks that can be created from this one palette is quite amazing. You can have any number of looks from subtle and matte to full on glamour. For the amount you pay you can achieve so much. I would highly recommend this palette for those who love more darker shades of eye shadow.

Have you tried this palette? Would you buy it?


Who says a smoky eye can't be versatile!


No comments:

Post a Comment