Aveeno Daily Moisturising Lotion - My Thoughts


Aveeno, Moisturiser, Lotion, Cream, Skincare

I have always heard good things about the Aveeno moisturising lotions. The skin on my arms has a tendency to be very rough, no matter what I seem to do, so I thought that I would pick some up and give it a go. 

The particular moisturiser that I picked up was the Daily Moisturising Lotion with naturally active colloidal oatmeal. I have had good experiences with oatmeal products in the past so I was hoping that by buying a moisturiser with oatmeal I would be able to soften the skin on my arms.

The first thing to notice about this product is that it doesn't have a scent at all. Scents with lotions isn't something that tends to bother me but it has been nice to put this on and go about my day without smelling an interesting scent every now and then coming from my arms. 

The consistency of this product is not like I expected. It is somewhere between a cream and a gel - I guess that's why it is called a lotion. The lotion  itself is white in colour and not that thick when applied to the body. It also, absorbs into the skin relatively quickly. I would say however, if you accidentally put too much on your skin it can leave you with an almost sticky residue, which i'm not a fan of.

After trying this out for a few weeks on both my arms and legs I have come to the conclusion that for me it simply isn't hydrating enough for my very rough skin. It has left my legs beautifully soft and would definitely recommend it as a great cream to use after shaving as it doesn't sting and maintains the moisture for a couple of days. 

All in all I think I would have to say I liked this product, it just wasn't what I needed for my skin. I think if you have skin that isn't incredibly bumpy and rough like mine then it would fit every need that you have. I just need a product that provides me with extremely deep moisturisation and is thick yet not so thick it leaves me sticky. 

Have you tried this Aveeno moisturiser before? Do you like it?


What works for one doesn't work for all

No comments:

Post a Comment