Maybelline Fit Me Poreless Matte Foundation - First Impressions


Maybelline, Fit Me, Foundation, Base, Poreless, Matte, Make-Up

I have always been a fan of the Maybelline Fit Me Foundation. There is something about it that just suits my skin but being - dare I say it - a bit of a foundation slut, I haven't gone back to it in a long time.  This has all changed however, when I saw this newer formulation which I have heard had previously been only available in the USA.

I was very excited to try this out as it claims to be matte and poreless. Foundations being matte is something I always look for. I don't tend to look for lightweight, dewy foundations so this seemed perfect for me, I couldn't wait to get it home and try it out. 

My applicator of choice at the moment is my beauty sponge that I got from Paul's Boutique. So I immediately sat down at my beauty table with this in one hand and my new foundation in the other. The first thing that I noticed about this product is that it was quite a lot thinner than I had thought it would be. This doesn't mean that it went on the skin thinly, it actually went onto the skin quite beautifully, but it came out of the tube in a thinner consistency than I had imagined.

I wore this foundation with the Nivea Men's Sensitive Aftershave Balm as a foundation and I found that it applied very well with it. It also lasted throughout the day and didn't even wear off too much around my nose, which is a problem area for me. If I can get my foundation to stay on underneath my glasses then it sells itself for me.

This foundation claims to adapt to your skin colour, making it look more natural on the skin. I'm not really sure how this works, but I have to say that when I am wearing this foundation it certainly doesn't look out of place in any way. It sits on the skin very naturally but at the same time it gives you a flawless coverage. 

I have also tried applying this foundation with a buffing brush but I have to say I am more of a fan of the finish when I use the damp beauty sponge, it just makes everything look so much smoother. This may be however, because the foundation claims to make your pores look like they aren't there. I don't normally have a problem with my pores but with this foundation my skin looks absolutely flawless. I have immediately fallen in love!

Overall, I have to say that I really love this foundation. To me it is all that I would want from an everyday foundation. It does everything I look for and it leaves the skin looking beautiful.

Have you tried this foundation? Do you think it would be something you would like?


It's amazing the little gems you can find


No comments:

Post a Comment