Movies To Brighten Up The Day

Over the past few days I have unfortunately not been very well - again! When this happens I want nothing more than to curl up with my teddy-bear blanket, Molly and a good movie. There really is nothing better than escaping through the world created by the talented people on screen, allowing yourself a few hours away from the reality of how you are feeling.


Now despite my great love of movies and my vast collection not all my DVDs fall into the category that I choose from when I am having a down day or I am not feeling my best. Not every movie in my collection lifts my spirits in the way that I need, despite the fact I love each and every one of them.

This being said however, there are of course some that do fit this bill. Two that come to my mind straight away are You've Got Mail and Four Weddings and a Funeral. These two movies never fail to bring a smile to my face and make me forget everything that is going on around me!



Four Weddings and a Funeral

Without fail when I need to cheer myself up one of my go to movies has to be Four Weddings and a Funeral. There isn't a particular reason for this it just very simply makes me happy.

I think it's safe to say that this isn't the greatest movie to ever be written - script wise - but there is something so wonderful about the whole premise that makes me just fall in love with it all over again every time I watch it. One of the most beautiful things to watch is the friendships between each of the characters.

Personally my favourite part of the movie is the funeral scene - don't worry I won't give anything away if you haven't seen it but the title of the movie tells you that there is going to be a funeral. I think it's my favourite part because it emphasises how much the characters love each other and the importance of friendship.

By the time the movie comes to an end I always feel more relaxed and a lot happier than when I began. It allows me to escape from what is going on around me and immerse myself in timeless, effortless fun.

You've Got Mail

Put very simply - I LOVE THIS MOVIE! I mean who doesn't love a movie with Tom Hanks, especially when he's being care free and funny compared to a lot of his more serious roles. I really enjoy the old school premise of this movie as it centres around the idea of email for communication and how 'someone you pass on the street could already be the love of your life'.

This movie is funny, romantic and very easy to watch. The simplicity of the plot and the warmth of each of the characters is what makes me feel comforted when I watch it. This movie is like my comfort blanket for those moments when the real world becomes just too much.

If you haven't seen this movie and are looking for something easy to watch but still totally brilliant then I could not recommend this movie more. It is laugh out loud, sickly sweet goodness that never gets old.

There we have it

So there we have it.. two movies that make me happier when life tries its best to bring me down. There are plenty more so if you like this post let me know and I can do some more.

It's All About How You Cheer Yourself Up

3 comments:

  1. Love you've got mail, never gets old <3
    http://retro-electric.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really never does, it just makes me smile no matter what the day is :) thank-you for your comment :D x

      Delete
  2. It really never does, it just makes me smile no matter what the day is :) thank-you for your comment :D x

    ReplyDelete