Sleek Cream Contour Palette


Sleek, Makeup, Cream, Contour, Palette

Something I have wanted to try out for a long time is cream contouring. I have dabbled here and there with various cream products but I have never actually bought myself a contour palette. I have also never tried any Sleek products so I was quite excited when I spotted this little beauty on a trip to Birmingham.

I love how this palette looks, it is quite big but is isn't overbearing, particularly heavy or difficult to take with me so if I was travelling it could be easily put in my suitcase, or carry on and off I would go. It comes with a beautiful big mirror on the inside, which is also rather handy when travelling. The one thing that annoys me about the packaging is that it's matte so it picks up every bit of dirt or lighter make-up from your fingers, leaving finger prints everywhere - things like that tend to annoy me more than I care to admit.

Sleek, Makeup, Cream, Contour, Palette

Now lets get down to talking about the product, shall we? Within this palette you get 6 different shades of creams. From yellowy, pinky neutrals to dark brown for every contouring need that you might have. 

My first thought was that these are very smooth and bendable creams. They work into the skin very well although I have noticed that they can tend to run away any foundation you might have if you choose to use them over your foundation rather than under. 

Personally I tend to use this underneath my foundation if I am using the lighter yellow/pink shades. I would blend the brown contouring shades on top of my foundation before setting it with a powder and then dusting a contour shade over the top to deepen the colour. I usually only do this on special occasions as it is quite a faff and isn't really ideal when you are trying to get ready in the dark, with very little time before you have to hit the road. I would say as a little warning for you all that when you first put on the darkest brown shade it can look terrifying, until it is blended out. Once you have blended it out, it's a gorgeous shade but when I first applied it I did think, 'oh goodness, what have I do'. 

Sleek, Makeup, Cream, Contour, Palette

Overall I really like this palette, there are just a few things that I am struggling to get to grips with. I haven't yet found a brush, or sponge that I like to use to apply this product. I have tried dotting/smearing product onto my face with my fingers and then blending in with a dense foundation brush. This seems to have worked quite well and seems to be the only method I have come up with that doesn't leave strange bristle marks in the pan -as this is something that really annoys me.

This is definitely a product that I love to have as part of my collection as it's perfect for special occasions, or days when I just fancy doing that bit extra with my make-up. The cream formulation is relatively easy to use and does last throughout the day. All-in-all I think this is definitely a brand and a product that I would recommend.

What is your opinion on sleek products? Have you tried cream contouring?

Always trying something new

No comments:

Post a Comment