What's On My Face Wednesday #3

Today's post is going to be slightly different from the past few as instead of reviewing an entire face of make-up I thought I would review two of the foundations that I have been reaching for most often recently.


The Products

 Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation - Ecru




I love this foundation! There are not enough good words for me to say about it. When I buy a foundation I always look for a high coverage because I am not found of seeing my natural skin. I have small amounts of redness and discoloration on my cheeks and around my nose as well as having freckles. With a small amount of product I can cover all these problems and it never looks 'cakey' or like it has been put on with a trowel - which believe me is a major advantage - and it dries to a beautiful matte finish within minutes. 

The product never feels heavy, my skin is always able to breathe underneath and it has SPF10 - always good to have SPF in your foundation. I have normal to slightly dry skin and I have never found a problem with using this foundation. I can imagine that if your skin is particularly dry however, that it would accentuate this rather than help so maybe try a sample before buying if this is the case with your skin. Each and every time I use this foundation I achieve flawless coverage and I usually don't have to use any form of concealer either. 

It is also known for being a Stay-In-Place makeup and it is true to its word. I usually wear this makeup when I know I am going to be having a long day where touching up would be impractical or on a night out when I don't want my make-up to fade. I have to say that my face make-up always looks as flawless at the end of the day/night as it did when I first put it on.

The only downside to this foundation is the fact that it does not come with a pump in the bottle. I find that without a pump there is always make-up wasted which at the price of £29.50 is annoying as you would like to make use of every drop.

Apart from that small design issue this foundation would have to be in my top 10 favourites. There is very little about it that I don't like. It just works and I love it when that happens.


Max Factor Face Finity All Day Flawless 3 in 1 Foundation - Warm Almond



Another foundation that I have been loving and using regularly these days is the Max Factor Face Finity All Day Flawless 3 in 1 Foundation. This is another product within my collection that has a higher coverage than most and as with the Estee Lauder foundation it evenly covers all of the areas of my face which has areas of redness.

I have found that this foundation applies best with a  damp beauty sponge instead of a brush as a brush does not get the even flawless finish that I look for. Having the 3 in 1 quality means that primer is not required but I do like to add a little extra concealer to brighten up my under eye area and ensure that the tip of my nose is fully covered. 

The pump comes with a lock which I find rather useful as it means that waste is avoided and it keeps the cap nice and clean. This make-up usually lasts all day but would need touched up after about 6/7 hours of wear, especially around the bridge of my nose as I wear glasses. 

All in all this is a great product and with a price tag of £12.99 you are getting a great quality product for the price.


I do love it when products just work!

Love Peach.. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment