Molly Dairies | Shampoo Review



Today's post is all about the Groomers Evening Primrose Oil Shampoo. When I first rescued Molly in November 2014 her fur was covered in small white speckles, which were being caused by her skin flaking away due to dryness. There was also the issue that her coat wasn't as shiny and soft as I would have liked. 

I therefore, decided that it was important to bathe her regularly but at that point I did not have a shampoo which I deemed suitable for her current coat and skin condition. I went along to my local Pets At Home store as I knew I needed something specifically designed for pets.

After searching through all the products that were available I decided on the Groomers Evening Primrose Oil Shampoo. It stated that it was to soothe irritated skin and to help soften the coat. At the price of £6 I felt that it wasn't a bad price for me to purchase and give it a go.

Once I got home I immediately bathed Molly and washed her thoroughly with this shampoo. The smell was lovely and not too overpowering. I felt that there was a great lather from a small amount of product. Molly is a small dog so two - three small coin sized amounts covered her entirely and lathered up really well. There was no issues with getting all of the product out either.

Once she came out of the bath her coat smelled fantastic and was immediately glossy even when she was wet. She dries relatively quickly as her fur is short and once fully dried she was silky smooth. Even after one wash there was a notable difference in her skin. All the flakes had vanished.

Nearly four months on and she has been bathed at least once a month. I don't want to over-bathe her as I don't think she really needs it, she isn't running through muddy fields so isn't getting all the filthy. She has been given compliments from numerous people on how silky smooth her coat has become and how shiny it is. We met people from the center where I rescued her from recently and they could not believe how beautiful her coat was looking - this is all down to the shampoo. I have used nothing else on her coat apart from the shampoo so I would give it he highest of recommendations.

I would confidently give this shampoo a 9/10 and would recommend it to anyone who's dogs coat needs a little extra soothing and shine.

Molly gives it her woof of approval!

No comments:

Post a Comment