Disney Series #13 - Disney's Hollywood Studios - Part 1


Walt Disney World, Disney, Florida, Orlando, 2018, Hollywood Studios

Ah Hollywood Studios! It's always been my least favourite of all the Walt Disney World parks I have been to. It's not that it isn't a great park to visit, as the theming is wonderful and completely different to the other parks, it just doesn't have the same appeal to me. That being said, there are things that I love in it so we ventured back when we went in 2018.

The last time I visited this park was back in 2004 and Mickey's Sorcerer's hat was the first thing that you saw when you entered the park. If you don't know what I am talking about you should google 'Hollywood Studios Sorcerer's Hat'. This time around the hat had been taken down and you can see the whole way up Hollywood Boulevard to the Chinese Theatre.

We decided to only spend a half day in this park as we didn't feel that there was enough to keep us there for a full day - from park opening to park close - and the main thing we wanted to see was Fantasmic at 8pm. We arrived at the park just after lunch time and the first thing we did was head straight for one of their many gift shops as it was decided - more that my father suggested and my mother agreed, making it mandatory - that I needed a hat.

Walt Disney World, Disney, Florida, Orlando, 2018, Hollywood Studios

As you can see above the cap that I ended up getting is grey - surprise surprise - and has the cutest embroidered image of Mickey Mouse on the front trying on a pair of glasses. Suited me perfectly being that I also wear glasses. Seemed like the perfect cap and just what I needed to stop the sun burning the top of my head off.

The first stop we made was in the newly opened Toy Story Land. Due to the time of day we went and the newness of the attractions it was very busy and the wait times for rides were extraordinarily long. We had planned on getting in line for Slinky Dog Dash but it was temporarily closed due to a maintenance issue with no idea when it would open back up again. It was far too hot to be standing outside in a queue when you weren't sure if it was going to open up again.

With all that in mind Toy Story Land is a must see. The details that they have put into the attractions is incredible. You really do feel like you are a toy, everything feels so huge in proportion. If I got to go back I would work my fast passes out differently I think. When I originally booked mine the rides didn't have any available passes.

After this we wondered back through the park and saw the Storm Troopers marching up Hollywood Boulevard. This really is fun and definitely worth seeing. They put on such a great show and whether you love or loath Star Wars it will bring a smile to your face.

We made a small pit stop after this to have a beer - well I had a Diet Coke as I had forgotten to bring my passport with me and Disney can be fairly strict with checking your ID for alcohol. It was at this point in the day when I realised how poorly I had chosen my make-up for the weather. My face was literally melting off and I had no way of removing it all and touching it up wasn't making any difference. I had a minor melt down sitting under an umbrella in the only shade I could find. Looking back I am unsure as to why I didn't slap on some concealer, do my eyes and leave my face with an SPF - hindsight is a wonderful thing!

This feels like a good place to leave this post for now - before I ramble on any further.
There will be a part two where I discuss the rides and shows that we did when we were there for the afternoon.



Have you been to Hollywood Studios?
What did you think?

Let's take a walk down Hollywood Boulevard...

No comments:

Post a Comment