Product of The Week - L'Oreal Paradise Brow Pomade

Loreal, Brow, pomade, eyebrows, products, beauty


Eyebrows, they have really taken off over the years haven't they? All of a sudden everyone wants to have perfectly shaped brows and they are being dyed and tinted - sometimes they look much better than most peoples hairdos!

Now I have to admit, I am quite late to the eyebrow game, they have never really been the top of my priority list, my hair has always been more important to me! I've never had my eyebrows professionally shaped, waxed or anything like that. I have always just tended to them myself!

I tend to get rid of the stray hairs and just brush them through with a spooly brush and there you go they were done for me. Over the past couple of years I have graduating to putting powder through them to define their shape a little more and I have really enjoyed how that has looked.

Loreal, Brow, pomade, eyebrows, products, beauty

Brow pomades seem to be everywhere in the beauty community and every brand seems to have produced their own version in lots of varying colours. I was always a little wary of pomades, mostly because I didn't really know what they were and also because I wasn't sure how I could use it and still have "normal" looking brows.

With all of this in mind I was walking through my local Asda a few weeks back and noticed that they had some L'Oreal Paris beauty products reduced to a very good price. I was already picking up their True Match foundation an thought to myself that this would be a good chance to dip my toe in the pomade water so I picked one up - here are my first impressions:

What is it?
For those of us that aren't in the know a brow pomade is a tinted gel like product that allows you to define and carve out your brows how you want them. They can be done subtly or  much more defined, depending on what look you are going for.

Nice Packaging?
This is a very compact and pretty little product. It's rose gold in colour and has a brush built right in. You simply screw the top tapered end off and your product is there for you to use. The little brush that comes with the product is very small, compact and makes application relatively simple. I think in future I would like to use my own brush but for travelling and handiness it's easy to use the inbuilt brush!

Loreal, Brow, pomade, eyebrows, products, beauty

Easy To Use?
I can't lie, at first I found this product quite tricky to use. I kept making my brows far too thick and I just couldn't get them to look how I wanted. However, with a little bit of practise I was able to work out how heavy-handed - or not as the case may be - I should be and what kind of stroke I should use to get a lovely feathered effect on my brows.

What Is The Colour Like?
I quite like my eyebrows to be fairly dark against my white/blonde/grey - whatever colour it happens to be at the time - hair! For this reason I went for the shade brunette which is quite dark, although I really like it. I find that it doesn't stand out on my face too much. There is also a great shade range within this line ranging from blonde, dark blonde, right through to brunette.

Loreal, Brow, pomade, eyebrows, products, beauty

Do I Like it?
Overall I have to say yes I do! That being said it did take a number of weeks for me to get to this opinion. Lots of practice is involved with it and this is definitely not a product for beginners! I think that if you are willing to put the effort in then this is totally something you should have in your collection.

Have you tried this product?
Are there any pomades you recommend?

Who knew I would love pomade


No comments:

Post a Comment