Blogmas #1 - I Love Christmas!


Christmas, Santa, Blogmas, Lifestyle

Okay so I know I am super keen about Christmas - even more so this year and I'm not really sure why - but I thought the perfect way to start Blogmas is with a I Love Christmas post!! I have done one of these posts before - which you can read here - but that was three years ago so it's always fun to do again!


We have had our Christmas decorations up since the second week in November and I love it. For me there is nothing better than having the tree up and the house all cosy. I know everyone has their different reasons for not wanting to do it early, or even not wanting to celebrate but I think it's important to let every individual do what suits them.

With that little outburst over lets talk about why I love Christmas!

Fairy Lights Everywhere  - is there anything more beautiful than looking at all the fairy lights twinkling whether it be in your own home or your local high street?

Christmas Dinners - I imagine most people have a Christmas dinner on Christmas Day and that's fine but it has become somewhat of a tradition in my office to have multiple dinners. I think I had 7 last year and that wasn't including my actual dinner on Christmas Day! 

Present Shopping  - as frustrating as this can be I love buying things for the people I love. It gets me very excited when I know I am going to give them something that makes them smile!

Fairytale Of New York - simply put it is my favourite Christmas song of all time! I would listen to it everyday of the year but it becomes socially acceptable to listen to it at this time of year - YAY!

Get-togethers - it's not always easy to find time to get together with friends or family but everyone makes such an effort at Christmas as it's such a special time of year - for most people!

Spontaneous Gin Evenings - Christmas time means time off and that means I can have a spontaneous gin with friends and family - that's where all the fun comes from!

Cheese, Cheese & More Cheese - Ah cheese, I bloody love the stuff. It's like my kryptonite! Christmas is when it's acceptable to eat as much cheese as you weigh and let me tell you that's what I plan to do!!

Soaking Up The Memories - I don't have a very big family and some of those who are left in my family are getting to the point in life where there are not many years ahead of them. Every year I just want to soak up all the love and memories I can!


So there we have it some of the reasons why I love this time of year.

I hope you love Christmas as much as I do but always remember that if you don't that's okay too! We all don't have to feel the same and as long as we let each other be happy then that's really what the spirit of Christmas is all about!

What's your favourite thing about this time of year?

Have yourself a merry little Christmas....


No comments:

Post a Comment