Blogmas #2 - Removing Your Christmas Glam


Nivea, MicellAir, Make-Up Remover, Skincare, Make-Up, Beauty

Doing my make-up is something I love doing no matter the occasion but for some reason I enjoy it even more when I'm heading out somewhere. Christmas season means work parties and nights out with friends which for me means lots of heavy make-up top last me through the night.

As much as I love putting the make-up on and wearing it, I have mentioned on more than one occasion that I really hate taking my make-up off! I enjoy skincare when I have no make-up on but actually removing make-up, it's such a pain.

I am always on the look out for things that make this easier and recently I spotted the Nivea MicellAir Professional Micellar Make-Up remover sitting not the shelves in my local Superdrug and I thought I would pick it up to give it a go.

What originally drew me to this product was that it states it has been formulated with dry oil and can remove stubborn make-up without any rubbing and it won't leave any residue! Sounds amazing doesn't it - this obviously appealed to my super lazy side!

So how have I been getting on with the product I hear you ask?

Packaging
The packaging of this product is actually really nice. The bottle is black yet also transparent so you can see the product inside. This allows you to see where the dry oil and the rest of the liquid separates - which is why you should mix it together. It also has a sort of nozzle to help you only pour out the amount you need onto a cotton pad.

The Product
The very first time I used this product I was very impressed. It removed my eye make-up with very little effort and it didn't leave behind any residue. My skin felt clean and not grimy which is how it can feel when using other micellar waters. I do have to admit that the next time I used this item I didn't shake the bottle and I noticed the difference straight away. It was useless and didn't work - I guess that's why they recommend you shake the bottle well each time before use! Once you mix the dry oil together with the rest of the liquid and apply it to your make-up, within minutes you have removed it all.

Do I Recommend?
I don't normally use a lot of Nivea products as there isn't too much that appeals to me to buy but I think this item has me converted. I can't imagine not having this around to take off my make-up. It lives on my bedside table and I find myself having a panic if I turn round and can't see it. Anything that speeds up the make-up removal process for me is a winner.

Why is it perfect for Christmas?
I think this is perfect for the party season as I have tested this on waterproof mascara and it took it off in an instant, without any rubbing or tugging at my eyes. It also cut through heavy foundation such as double wear without any trouble. Removing your party make-up will always require a good cleanse of the skin but as a first step I think this is a definite must have for your make-up arsenal!

Have you tried this product?
What are your thoughts?

Tis the party season...

No comments:

Post a Comment