Weekend Relaxation

Weekend, Relaxation, Wine, Food, Skincare, Routine, Pamper

Yay, it's the weekend!! After a 50 hour week - that's two hours commuting a day added to a normal 9-5 job I am very happy to have made it to the weekend and it's time for some relaxation.

Weekends for me are the perfect time to kick back and do the things that help me unwind. I find that with working every day now, although it's really important to cram as much into the two days off as possible it's also really important to take some time for yourself to relax. 

So here are some things I like to do at the weekend.

The Gym
For me I try to start every Saturday morning with a gym session. I have been feeling better for getting exercise into my routine and even when I really cannot be bothered it always makes me feel like I have started my day off in a productive way. There's that and also that if I eat badly in the evening I feel like i've earned it - naughty!

Shower/Bath Time
I rarely have a bath now but if I was to have one it would be at the weekend as there is more time to spend time just soaking away the stresses of the week. I usually have showers but I try to slim them down to as few products as possible and at about 10 minutes a time - which for me is a miracle. At the weekends I like to spend longer using products and treating myself to hair and face masks - I am thinking of putting a pamper product post together soon so stay tuned!

Coffee With Friends
There really is nothing I love more than spending time with my friends - especially at the weekend. I love grabbing a coffee - or a tea if you are trying to avoid the caffeine high - and just chatting about the your weeks and generally just putting the world to rights. It always makes me feel better about everything! Time with friends is hard to beat!

Nap Time
Ah naps, I bloody well love them! What can be better than a warm, cosy house, Molly nestled behind me and a good hour worth of sleep on the sofa? Nothing. I rarely nap anymore which is really a good thing as it was turning into some sort of health problem but I have to say grabbing a wee nap every now and then where I can really is glorious!

Drinks - In our Out
I know that alcohol isn't for everybody and to be honest every hangover day I have - yes they last a full day - I usually ask myself was the night before worth it. Now don't get me wrong some of you just simply want a wee glass of wine either with friends - which I kind of did last weekend. I say kind of cause a meal with a few wines turned into a bottle, lots of gins and a very late one - wouldn't have it any other way though! - or sitting on the sofa watching a movie. Either suits me just fine!

This brings me on to the graphic below. The lovely people at SkinnyPop popcorn asked me if I wanted to share this graphic with you all so that you can perfectly pair your chosen wine with the popcorn that will suit it best. This excites me greatly as having a snack when I drink is always high on my list and I think I am going to be on the hunt for some Jalapeno SkinnyPop popcorn to have with my next glass of Pinot Grigio - did I say glass? Maybe that will be a bottle!

Weekend, Relaxation, Wine, Popcorn, SkinnyPop

That's usually how my weekends go along with blogging work but some weekends I don't even go near my laptop.

What do you like to do at the weekend? 
Which SkinnyPop popcorn do you want to try?

Popcorn and wine - who woulda thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment