Skincare Saturday - The Products I've Been Trying Out


Estee Lauder, Skincare, Beauty, Night Routine, Cream, Serum, Cleansing Foam

Skincare is something that I always struggle with. I don't know why or what it is about it that I find so difficult but  for some reason I just wash my face and put on some cream - if we are lucky - and that's it.

That being said this past week has been very different indeed. I have started using some new products that I got in my Estee Lauder gift box set. I was very excited to receive their famous Advanced Night Repair Serum as I had heard so much about it throughout the beauty community.

I used these products every night for a week and I was very surprised with the results.

I was very excited to try this product. For me anything that removes the traces of make-up that I cannot get off is a winner for me. The first thing to notice is that it is definitely more of a cream consistency than a foam. It doesn't even really foam up on the skin so i'm not sure why it's called a foam. This doesn't take away from the product itself however.

It is very easy to massage into the skin - when the skin is damp - and it is very gentle as well. It doesn't create any tingling, or any real sensation at all on the skin, which is something I particularly liked. There is a very strong perfumed scent that comes from this product but it doesn't put me off. It might however, if you find that you are sensitive to these kind of scents. 

The claim that this product cleansing the skin of impurities and I have to admit that I agree with this. Over the past week my skin has looked healthier, it has got a lot more of a life about it and it definitely glows more than it did. It feels very soft to the touch. I actually find it hard to believe how soft my skin has become. It just looks much healthier in general.


This was the one product that when I received it I couldn't wait to try it out. I have always wanted to try their serum to see if it would make a difference to my skin. I have to tell you I really think it does. After I cleanse my skin and pat it dry I like to take about a 10p size amount of this product on my finger tips. I massage it gently in my hands to warm it up and then I pat it into the skin.

It is absorbed almost instantly and doesn't leave any kind of sticky residue behind - which makes me love it even more. I know that I tend to have little problems areas around my cheeks and forehead. They can be quite bumpy or even have dry patches. Since starting to use this serum I have noticed that these have reduced dramatically. My forehead is still a little bumpy but overall I feel like the dry patches have all but vanished. I am very impressed with this product.


This maybe wasn't exactly what I needed - another face cream. I do have to say though I am very happy to be using it. Anything that can kick start the anti-aging process for me is a good thing. At 24 - hurtling towards 25 - I am definitely not 'old' but it's not a good thing to be cautious. Prevention is always better than cure.

This face cream is very thick in the tub but it doesn't actually feel that thick on the face. It is very easy to massage in and it leaves the skin with a silky smooth texture. As with the foam it has a scent and quite a strong one in my opinion but again it doesn't put me off in anyway. 

When you look on the Estee Lauder website for a description of  what this product does it states that it cushions the skin and this is the one word that I would put with this. My skin feels cushioned and very bouncy when I have put my cream on to go to bed. This is a cream that can be used morning and evening but I have only ever used it at night as I have another cream that I like to use in the day.


There we go three products that I have been using religiously over the past week and I have to say I am very impressed with. 

Have you tried any of these? What do you think?


Skincare for the win

No comments:

Post a Comment