Sunshine and Happiness


Sunshine, happiness, lifestyle, opinion, thought, personal, dogs

Is there anything better than sunshine? I know for those who live in hot, sunny climates all year round that the appearance of the round golden thing in the sky isn't such a big deal. I can tell you though, for a little old girl like me from Northern Ireland, seeing the sun is practically a national event.

For the past number of days - well over a week now - the sun has been making an appearance on this little isle and it got me thinking. The sun changes all of or moods instantly and feeling the warmth against our skin, whether we choose to sunbathe or not, alleviates any tensions and makes, well me at least, less agitated. 

With this in mind I thought it would be fun to list off the things that the sunshine just makes that little bit better...

Sunshine, happiness, lifestyle, opinion, thought, personal, dogs


1. Seeing the dogs run around outside - doesn't get to happen too often when all it does is rain

2. Eating meals outside - there is something special about being in the air

3. Having a glass of wine in the sun - okay for me it's more like a bottle but even one glass tastes better in the sunshine

4. Wearing lighter clothes - sometimes it's fun to wear a summer dress

5. Not needing to wear a coat

6. Going to the beach for a nice stroll

7. Having picnics in the tall grass

8. Having BBQ's with friends and family

9. Breathing in the clean fresh air

10. Sleeping with the windows open and feeling the gentle breeze coming in at night

11. Seeing everyone around me with big smiles on their faces

12. Having the windows and doors open at work letting the summer breeze come in


Sunshine, happiness, lifestyle, opinion, thought, personal, dogs


For me there is very little that can't be solved by the sunshine. It makes me feel better about life and my problems in general. Soaking my bones for a few hours makes everything melt away.

I hope you haven't minded me filling this post with doggie pictures but I couldn't resists taking images of them when they looked so happy. It's Alfie and Bentley that have been my models this time round and I hope you don't mind looking at their gorgeous faces.


Sunshine, happiness, lifestyle, opinion, thought, personal, dogs


What things do you do or think of when the sunshine comes out?
What makes you happy?


Sunshine and lollipops....

No comments:

Post a Comment