Meet Alfie


Dog, Pet, Cute, Rescue, Shih tzu, love,


If we are connected on social media or you have been so kind to read my last dog related post you will know that we lost one of our furbabies this year. This left a rather large hole in our life, we just didn't know how to cope with three dogs. We were so used to four. There was only one thing for it - off to the shelters we went.


We are firm believers that the dog picks you. Apart from Bentley who my mum instantly fell in love with as soon as she saw his muddy little face, our dogs have all decided that we were meant to be a family from the moment they set eyes on us. The same has to be said for Alfie.

We only told the people at the shelter a few details about what we had in mind, smallish in size and an older dog. Other than that we were open to anything. She told us that she had what she believed to be an 8 year old Lhasa Apso that we could take for a walk. It later transpired that he was a Shih Tzu but he was that scruffy I can see where the mistake came from!

Dog, Pet, Cute, Rescue, Shih tzu, love,

We decided to take a look at him - he was then called Boss - and see what he would be like. As soon as we saw him come trundling out to meet us we immediately fell in love. He was a mess I have to say. His fur was all matted, he had a beard and he was generally just a bit scruffy. That being said he was full of life and I couldn't help but fall head over heels.

We brought the rest of our lot up to meet him that same day and well as they say the rest is history. We brought our little bundle home on April 1st which was 9 days since our golden angel had passed away. For some this may seem very fast but we yearn to love dogs, we wish we could have more but the size of our house and our bank balances just doesn't allow it at this time. We are known among all our friends and family as being dog mad so it just seemed natural to continue to spread our love.

We knew that we wanted to change his name. We normally always do change any rescues name as it allows them to have a new beginning. We are trying to pick a new letter as we have had two B names and two M names for quite some time and it gets confusing - Ben, Bentley, Molly and Missy. We went through many names but finally decided on Alfie, which I think he suits perfectly.

Dog, Pet, Cute, Rescue, Shih tzu, love,

As you can see we have had our little boy groomed since we got him and he really has become our little teddy bear. He loves nothing more than snoring - literally - away on the sofa or bed and enjoying a good belly tickle. Don't be fooled by those gorgeous eyes he is definitely a mischief maker. He loves nothing more than emptying the contents of the bin and carrying different parts of its contents to different rooms in the house. He will learn though, he's only been here a little over 3 weeks after all.

Dog, Pet, Cute, Rescue, Shih tzu, love,

The main thing is that he fits right into our family like he has always been here. Despite his size he isn't phased at all by the bigger dogs. He likes to play with our boxador - boxer, labrador cross for those not in the know - and it's the cutest, all be it most hilarious thing I have ever seen. We have had a few jealousy issues with Molly, she really just doesn't want to share me with anybody else but she will learn.

I am so pleased to be able to share my new bundle and my love of dogs with you all. I don't know where I would be without my pets - they help make each day that little bit more special. They each have their own personalities that make me laugh and sometimes cry. I can never see a day in my life when my heart will ever be complete without a dog. It's just who I am!

I love seeing and hearing all about your pets of any kind so leave me a comment and let me know what kind of pets you have!

If you don't have a pet, have you ever wanted one?


There's always room for one more...

No comments:

Post a Comment