Lush Rub Rub Rub - Review


Lush, Rub Rub Rub, Skincare, Body, Bath, Beauty, Review

I have been wanting to place a Lush order for the longest time but I just never got round to it - mainly because I always found it so hard to decide what I wanted to order. Ideally, I would have wanted to go up to my local store in Belfast but unfortunately that never seemed to happen either. 

Finally around my birthday I decided that I was just going to place an order and pick some items at random. I obviously wanted to get some bath bombs and bubble bars which I will be reviewing in posts to come but I mainly wanted to buy an exfoliator for my skin.

I have such a problem with my skin - especially that on the back of my arms - as it can be very rough and no amount of moisturiser gets rid of it. I have tried exfoliators in the past and they have worked well but I haven't had one I have enjoyed using for a long time.

For this reason I decided to pick up the Rub Rub Rub shower scrub from Lush. According to their website this is a sea salt scrub that is combined with lemon juice to leave skin feeling soft and rejuvenated. As well as being able to be used on the skin either we or dry, it can also be used in the hair to add volume, shine and keep it squeaky clean.


Lush, Rub Rub Rub, Skincare, Body, Bath, Beauty, Review

The first thing I noticed about this is the scent. I immediately smelt the lemon juice that was used and it struck me how fresh this product smelt. I instantly fell in love with it and new that using it would make feel feel extra clean. I also have to say that I am in love with the colour. This rub is such a gorgeous shade of blue - isn't it so dreamy!

My first thoughts were that this was going to be a rough scrub as I have used sea salt scrubs before and the pieces were so large that I could almost pick them out individually. This I have to say, is not the case for this scrub. It has been so finely milled that it almost feels soft when I put it on the skin. I haven't yet used this on dry skin but I have applied it to my arms when they have been damp. I do this with my hands, then I take a rough sponge and scrub my arms. 

The end results are nothing short of amazing. My skin has genuinely never felt so soft. The areas which are usually so rough feel smoother and much more refined than they ever have. I also love the fact that the scent lingers. When I step out of the bath I can still smell the wonderful fresh citrus scents lingering on my skin - it's just wonderful. 

At £8.95 for a 330g tub I think this is fairly priced. I try to use as little as possible each time I am in the bath or shower as I want to make it last but I still think that this is a good price for the quality of the product you are receiving. I would highly recommend picking this up if you want a little bit of luxury for your next bathing experience, that actually does what it says on the tin!

What Lush products do you love?

What to buy next..... 

No comments:

Post a Comment