Highlighters - Too Much Fuss for Me!


Highlighters, fuss, trends, me, personal, beauty, opinion, make-up, options

The latest big beauty trend I keep seeing everywhere has to be highlighters.  One day out of nowhere everyone who was anyone seemed to suddenly have highlighted cheek bones that you could see from space. I'm really not sure where this trend has come from and to be honest - it's not something I really care about either!


I've never been one to go with the trends or get excited about what the person next door is doing. I like being me and sticking to what I like to do whether that's something somebody else likes doing or not. 

This attitude that I have developed also applies to make-up and the latest trends surrounding beauty. Lets just take a moment to remember the application of foundation with a condom - you can see my point can't you! As I have already said this highlighting thing is something I'm not jumping on board with. 

Now don't get me wrong, I like to add a subtle hint of something on my cheekbones but I really don't think I need to reach the heights where they can pinpoint my position from the International Space station - it all just seems a little too much for me. This is coming from me where my idea of holiday make-up still includes full coverage foundation!

I prefer to use highlights in very different ways, as despite all I have said I still own far too many for my own good - in various different forms. For a Christmas present last year I received the SoSu Highlighter Kit and even I have to admit I was instantly in love! For a few weeks after it became part of my collection I did spend time trying to figure out what to do with it, I tested copious amounts on various parts of my face and it all resulted in me being thoroughly annoyed each time.

Then one day it hit me - how perfect would the lighter shades be as an eyeshadow base! This is where we struck gold and I couldn't contain how excited I was. Here I was generously blending gorgeous pearlescent shades over my entire eye lid and up to my brow bone before carefully swirling rosey-pink shades in the socket. I just loved how it looked and paired with my trademark black or brown outer corner I had found the look I was happy to carry off everyday.

Fast forward six months and I have hit pan in some of the highlighter shades which is unheard of for me. I have also started brining in all the other highlighters I own and seeing how they look on the eyes. I definitely have to say that for me wearing these super shiny products on the eyes is the only way for me to feel comfortable.

As I have always said beauty is subjective and it's all about what makes us happy!!

How are you feeling about the highlighting trend?
How do you wear yours?


Trends - they just aint for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment