The Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter - Review


Body Shop, Review, Camomile, Cleansing Butter, Review, Beauty, Products, Skincare

If you know me, you will have heard me saying a million and one times that I hate taking my make-up off. It doesn't matter if it's in the morning or evening, I just hate the whole process. It's long-winded, I'm usually too tired and above all else it takes too long.

Now with all that in mind, I obviously have to take it off at some point - I'm not that disgusting I promise - but I am always on the lookout for something that will aid the process and make it quicker and something that I don't loathe the idea of.

This is where The Body Shop Sumptuous Cleansing Butter comes in!

I have to admit when I first heard about this product I was ever so slightly skeptical about the hype. It seemed that everybody loved it and it was almost too good to be true. When it comes to things being too good to be true, I tend to stay well clear of them, I always think that not everybody can love something that much all at the same time.

That being said, after a while I have bitten the bullet and decided to give it a go. What are my first impressions - waow! It was instantaneous love and I haven't looked back since!


What is it?
A rich cleansing butter, which cleanses and nourishes the skin whilst removing all traces of make-up. The website also states that, this product will purify and refresh the skin leaving it soft to the touch. 


Packaging...
I love the simplicity of this products packaging. It comes in a beautifully simple metal tin, which you can unscrew the lid off to reveal the glorious butter inside. Not a lot of effort is required to take the lid off, which can be handy for those times late at night when you just want to get your make-up off and head to bed! There is a simple label on the lid and on the base to explain any directions and what the product is. Overall I think simplicity definitely wins out with this item.


The Product...
When I first opened the lid this cleansing butter I was amazed by how beautiful it looked. There before me was a perfectly smooth, white product. It looked so soft and luxurious I just couldn't wait to get stuck in.

The instructions were very simple, put a little in your hands, rub into dry skin and when it has turned to an oil you can remove with warm water. As I have said I was a little skeptical about how well it would take off my make-up but what happened was something to be totally amazed by.

This beautifully soft, smooth butter, disintegrated the make-up on my face within seconds. I began to resemble something out of a very scary movie with black mascara and eyeshadow all over my face but it was how easily it was all coming off that amazed me.

As soon as I wiped the cloth over my face my make-up came straight off - heaven! It took all of five minutes to be make-up free - what could be better?

This product does have a scent, mostly of camomile - which is kind of obvious as that's what the main ingredient is - but I don't find it over powering. You are very aware that it is there but it doesn't put me off using it. Like I always say, if you are sensitive to scents, then this might not be the one for you but I have to say, how well this product works is worth putting up with any smell!


Overall...
Overall I have to say that this product has really changed my nightly skincare routine. Before I dreaded how long it would take to remove every trace of make-up but now I know that no matter how heavy my eyes are and tired I am, I can nip down to the bathroom and be back in my cosy bed within a matter of minutes - YAY!


Have you tried this product? What do you think?


Sometimes the hype is real...

No comments:

Post a Comment