What's On My Face Wednesday #2

 Firstly I want to apologise for not posting last Wednesday (18th March) but I have been redecorating my bedroom and therefore not wearing any makeup. I have managed to put myself together this week so I thought I would review some of the products that I have been using to create this weeks look for you.

The Products

Step 1. Foundation




Today I felt like using something light on my face rather than a thick foundation and at the bottom of all my various make-up bags I was able to find the Rimmel 9-in-1 BB Cream in the shade Light. Although I have never been a huge fan of tinted moisturisers or BB/CC creams in general I do quite enjoy the coverage of this particular formula. It is quite thick and applies very easily, especially with the Real Techniques Buffing Brush. One of the 9 claims is that it is a concealer and I have to say that under my eyes and around my nose it works excellently at concealing the redness - this being said I did touch it up with extra concealer.



When all is said and done the only drawback that I can see with this particular BB cream is the colour. Despite stating that it is the shade "Light" it is still rather dark for my extremely light complexion. I do think however, in the Summer with a tan this would be the perfect product.



Step 2. Eyebrows




Today I felt like pulling out my MUA Pro-Brow Ultimate Eyebrow Kit. This wonderful little kit (with a bargain price of £3.50) has three different shades of powder to fill the brows in with and a gel in order to set them with, I like to use the darker brown shade to fill my brows in as I like my brows to be defined nicely. I find these powders easy to use and work well with the eyebrows to give a natural look.  For the price this kit is phenomenal the pigmentation of the shadows and the overall quality of the product is simply excellent.




Step 3. Eyeshadow





Today's eyeshadow look was achieved completely using my MUA Undress Me Too Palette. I bought this palette as a dupe for the Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette as I didn't want to be using it everyday when I could be using something a little less pricey. I discovered the MUA Palette at the amazing price of £4 and have fallen in the love. The mixture of matte and shimmer shades allow you to be able to put together incredible looks from subtle to sultry. The shadows have a creamy consistency and last all day with a high pigment quality. Definitely worth looking into.



Step 4. Eyeliner Pen



My eyeliner pen of choice today was the Soap & Glory Eyeliner Pen Carbon Black Extreme.  I choose this today as it is easy to use, glides on precisely and has a great colour pay off. The nib is very soft and it does not feel harsh on the eyelids. It also does not feel like it is tugging at the eye area. It has great lasting power too.

Step 5. Mascara


 I just love this mascara. I really do not have enough good things to say about the Rimmel Lash Accelerator Endless mascara. It has a small plastic brush which gets right into the roots of the lashes and creates a fabulous, long look. It separates each lash out so that they have a very delicate and fluttering effect. The colour is extremely black and perfect for my taste. I love the long look this product gives your lash and cannot recommend it enough.

Step 6. Bronzer and Blusher


The bronzer and blusher I am using today both come from the Body Shop. The bronzer has a subtle shimmer which adds a dimension to the cheeks that allows the light to be reflected beautiful. It is easy to blend and has a beautiful pigmentation. 



For the blusher I have added a hint of the Baked To Last Blush in coral As well as being a blush with a soft gentle colour it also adds a lovely subtle highlight to the face which allows it to be a great two in one product. Always a plus to have in the make-up bag.


Step 7.  Lip Balm




My lips have been dry and sore today so I chose to put on my Maybelline Baby Lips Hydrate Lip Balm. I know that a lot of people aren't massive fans of these lip balms but personally I have found that the hydrate one adds a moisturising layer of product on my lips which protects them from the elements and keeps them soft and nourished throughout the day. I would recommend that you at least try them out.


There You Have It

Those are the products that were different and I have not covered in my last post. I hope you enjoyed and found this helpful.


Make-up makes everyday better

No comments:

Post a Comment